Monday, April 29, 2013

When We Last Left Our Intrepid Explorers...

My how we become bogged down on a project. Our bathroom renovation was moving along swimmingly and then BAM! I hurt my back. Then I went on a vacation to visit my lovely cousin Jessica and her adorable family in Virginia.

Then I was lazy. However, even though it seems like nothing is happening, it is! I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures or writing posts. Whoops. I have my fingers in too many pies so my goal this week is to put a few things on the back burner and focus on one thing at a time.

First things first- organization. Namely project organization. I find my follow through is severely lacking (my sister in law comes in to town tonight and I realized there is not a single room in the house that doesn't have an unfinished project in it). Any tips? How do you keep yourself focused on a project from beginning to end? I always get distracted wanting to start something new...

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I make myself work on the one that's causing the most headache for my family. I don't move on until it's done. Reward yourself for finishing, then move on to the next most important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my main problem is we have two types of projects. Big projects (like the bathroom) that Daniel and I do together and then small projects (like painting and small building) that I am usually capable of doing myself. But the small projects get shoved aside when Daniel has time to work on the big stuff (I try to fully capitalize on his time when he has it) and then I have trouble getting my momentum back.

      Delete