Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Preparing

It is starting to be a trend people. I don't know what it is, but there is just something about January that makes me want to tear something apart- house wise that is. We are finalizing plans and getting contractors lined up but one thing is ready-Me! 

This year we are focusing on getting the down stairs remodeled- including refinishing the hardwoods (hidden under some truly nasty carpeting) and gutting our second bath. 

Sorry future guests, this is the current state of our guest bedroom. 

Notice I haven't even begun to remove the carpet? That's because I had a few other projects I wanted to start and ugly carpet makes a great drop cloth (and sawing station). Hey, it's cold outside and I don't have a garage. 

Those beautiful doors are for a project upstairs so once they are done the real ripping begins. I've got fingers crossed the flooring is in good shape under there, otherwise it will have to be plan B. 

Who else gets the remodel itch during the winter? Maybe it is just being cooped up that makes me want to tear the walls down.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment