Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bathroom Inspiration Board



So here's what I'm thinking:
1. I love white bathrooms. They seem so clean and crisp and bright (though I'm leaning towards the grout color in picture 2). The floor will be the black and white basket weave (from HD) and the walls white subway (also HD though I'm still on the fence about full 3x6 or slightly smaller).
2. Emerald is Pantone's color of the year and for a reason. I love how bright, yet natural it is. I fully intend to refinish an antique dresser for the space to make it seem more lived in and less "new" and putting in a vessel sink (like this one in #5) and faucet (#6) would keep it feeling like furniture. 
3. I would quite possibly kill for these salvaged shower doors (and that is only slight hyperbole). We'll see what I can come up with.
4. I've wanted a rain shower head since my parent's built their house. It is just so soothing.

I've been working out a budget and all of my choices seem manageable so we are all systems go! I've got a pretty blank slate now right?

So what do you think? The only thing I'm on the fence about is having a painted vanity. But  I guess that will depend on what I find furniture wise. I'm willing to be patient though, I can always re-use the current sink until I find just what I want.

Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. All good ideas. I love that shower door/wall. Painted vanities hold up as long as they have a good topcoat that protects the paint from stains. I painted the vanity in my guest bath which tends to get steamy and it's holding up perfectly. But I used a really good topcoat and I did two coats.

    ReplyDelete