Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Living Room Curtains

It all started with this picture:

Pinned Image
Via who knows- the pin just links back to an error message for inappropriate content :(
I wish I knew where it came from. Is that not the most gorgeous living room?
Update: According to Emily A Clark (who happened to post the exact same picture today) the room above is from Style at Home
I had been trying to sell Daniel on putting curtains in the front room for a while (for texture not really for function) and this picture sold him. All I needed were the perfect curtains that didn't require selling any limbs. Of course it is never that easy.

I searched high and low, scoured fabric stores and the good old web until I stumbled on this pair from West Elm. 
Ironwork Flocked Window Panel #WestElm
ironwork flocked
Pinned Image
scribble
Honestly they were a total tie but in the end we went with the Scribble panels. Not only were they basically half the price of the flocked ones they seem a little less formal and I hope they will fit in to the space better (plus I hemmed and hawed for so long they gave me 15% off). Only downside? They are back-ordered until July. Boo. 

I still need to share pictures of what we've been up to in the living room but that will have to wait until construction is done.

So what do you think? Am I crazy to wait four months for curtains? I figure it locks me in and I have time to change my mind if I want to.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, curtains... They make such an impact that I think waiting is worth it. Especially if the price is right.

    I made curtains for that home design challenge I worked on out of canvas drop cloth that looked very expensive, and you could always doodle a pattern on the canvas with a sharpie.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I toyed with that idea too (and I may still try it) but an artist I am not. Though if they had been more expensive I would have gone that route first. My other thought was stenciling. This is why it is nice that they don't actually get here until July. I have all sorts of time to decide if I can one-up West Elm.

      Delete
    2. Well, I'm down to experiment with you!

      Delete