Friday, June 1, 2012

Kitchen Cabinets: Day 1

I'm on day one of the 14 day paint your kitchen cabinets plan (thank you Young House Love) and so far so good.

Doors off? Check.


Holes filled? Check. 

Now I get to contemplate hardware. I didn't hate the old stuff it just is a bit boring. Here's what I'm leaning towards.

Depression Green Glass Drawer Pull
via Signature Hardware

I'm so in love but not sure about the price. They are $8.95 a pop and with 16 handles it would be around $150 for all the hardware. It wouldn't be the biggest splurge but it would be the most unnecessary. Maybe I'll ask for them for my birthday. I'm not too old for that right?

In other news Norman's cousin Rumi is staying with us (that's my Mother-in-law's dog). They went on a road trip so he is spending the week with us. Surprisingly Norman gets along with him quite well.



How could you not love that face?

Here's to hoping days 2 and 3 go well. Tomorrow is sanding followed by priming. I can't wait to see what they look like white! Anyone else paint their cabinets before? I'm trying to follow everything to the letter since I never want to do this again. Tips are always welcome!

Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. We just painted my brother's cabinets last week-end. We went the Rust-Oleum cabinet painting route. It worked but the reviews on-line are mixed so you're on the right track! Just remember it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete