Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Piece of the Puzzle

This also could be titled "the one in which I got lucky and didn't have to spend weeks on yet another project" but I felt that it was a bit wordy. 

If you remember, there was one piece of our kitchen still missing as of last update. 


No, that stool isn't a permanent fixture. We were planning on building an open cabinet for the space but haven't really gotten around to it (i.e. Daniel's been busy and I'm not up to it). I've been keeping my eyes open but apparently 21" cabinets are less common. Lucky for me I never give up on a shopping trip and low and behold a quick "oh while we are here let me check and see if they have any base cabinets" at the ReStore paid off.


$25 bucks and it was even painted white. A sign. Obviously the door doesn't match but that can be arranged. Here she is in her new home.


You can see the painting is coming along. It is just the doors that need finishing. Next up is counters and then the tiling can commence. 

Isn't it great when you find just what you are looking for?

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. It is so rare that you actually can find what you're looking for at the Re-Store! So awesome that you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was so jazzed I might have squealed

    ReplyDelete