Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Sort Of Reveal

So we didn't check everything off of our list, but we got pretty close. This project has had so many phases that it has been hard keeping everything straight, so for now, here is what we have.

The BEFORE (What it looked like when we toured the house before we bought it. Can you believe they Photoshoped in a new paint color for the walls?)




PROGRESS





You can see how much more space the new layout gives us (here is the original post with the floor plans). Nothing bumps in to anything else and both Daniel and I can work in the kitchen at the same time. Bonus! (you can read all my gripes about the kitchen here)

Norman likes the new seating (which needs a cushion).

You can see I'm still working on styling the shelves but it is great to just have everything there where we need it. No fuss. Everything on those shelves is used regularly so even with construction there was very little dust.

I added a few pieces of art to jazz things up. A pretty wood block of flamingos (my favorite bird), and some pictures of Daniel and me on various vacations.

I filled my little cloche with urchins and an epiphyte for another nod to our vacations of yore.

There is still much to finish, but you can see the big list has been whittled down to just a few things. Molding to paint, gout to do, but for the most part I'm happy with our progress.

I owe you a detailed post on hardware and paint but that will have to wait for another day. I'm busy patting myself on the back for being this close to done.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment