Tuesday, December 20, 2011

To Start With

 While I twiddle my thumbs waiting to hear back about getting quotes to move our wall I thought I'd show you the plan I have going in my mind (keep in mind these are rough sketches I made with Ikea's Kitchen Builder). Right now our kitchen looks like this

 This is what it will look like if I can get our wall moved.
When we first moved in I was excited about having a breakfast nook. I love nooks, they are warm and cozy but as we lived in the house we realized we didn't really use it and it wasn't worth the loss of a larger kitchen. The other big problem with the nook is that it takes space away from the master (more on that later). The new design would give me added counter space and a more open floor plan. The only thing keeping me from my dream is how much it will cost to move that wall. Let's say I'm cautiously optimistic about the feasibility. If all else fails both of our parent's built their own houses so I can always call in a favor or two (or ten). I'm hoping I don't have to do that though. 

Anyone else have any experience with construction who would like an all expense paid vacation to Seattle? Not even joking here people, I'm game if you are! Just look where you could stay
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment