Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Foraging for Furniture

One of the many things I did over the weekend was go get some new pieces I found on Craigslist.

Here's what I got:

A white cabinet for the bathroom (35$)


And a dresser for our bedroom ($50)


Neither of which are going to stay the way they are now.

Here are my plans:

I like the cabinet white but it is pretty beat up.
Exhibit A:

Nothing a new coat of paint and some new knobs can't fix though.  The dresser I plan to go wild with. I'm still not sure what I want to do with it. It is nice wood under that teat paint so I may strip it and go natural with it or paint it something bold like maroon lacquer. Realistically that isn't going to happen any time soon so for now it will stay the lovely shade of teal it is. I'm telling you, it's already starting to grow on me.

Currently though the sun has been out and it is derailing all of my house plans. I just want to go work in the yard. Which let me tell you, needs it.

See what I mean?
baby steps people...

No comments:

Post a Comment