Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Home away from Home...

I love my bath tub. I'm one of those weird people who takes hour long baths every single day (sometimes twice) just because I can. When I saw this bathroom I knew this was the house for me...

Here's what it looked like when we toured

Don't you just love the telephone handle rest?

Gorgeous I know. I could stare at that thing all day.

You may remember from here that I was waiting for the shower ring to come in for the tub. For those of you who don't know what a shower ring is, it is basically a shower adapter for old claw foot tubs so that you can hang a shower curtain and stand up to take a shower. Ours finally got here from Vintage Tub and Tile on Wednesday. (I've gotten so used to having Amazon prime that anything that takes more than two days to get to me seems way too long). We just got the ring since we didn't want to replace the original faucet so we will have to install the shower head separately. 

Here's what it looks like all set up

I got some tie backs to keep the shower curtain from bunching around your head when you take a bath.

An up close shot of the curtain

It has a subtle teal in the pattern that will be perfect with my plans for the colors in here. (Check out my inspiration board)  I had to drive to three different Targets to get this curtain but it was worth it.

The rest of the room is pretty undone still



I'd like to update the vanity at some point. It is kind of neat with the old cane inset on the door but not really what I am envisioning for the space. There is also a crazy wrap around mirror in that corner which I tried to take a picture of but it was near impossible without getting in the shot... 

2 comments:

  1. I love your tub! I love old houses, they have so much character. And I must get that shower curtain, love the subtle colors. Off to look at the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Desiree! We are definitely loving the whole process with this house! Hope you enjoy the updates!

    ReplyDelete