Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bathroom Cabinet Makeover

I wanted to get this done before the shower ring for our tub came in so in the midst of unpacking I figured it out.

Let's do the before and afters now and then I'll explain my process.

Before


After


Much better! Even my husband said it looked like new. 

It was a pretty simple process. I took it apart and cleaned the whole thing inside and out. (which took longer than I expected). Then I sanded down the rough bits and cleaned it again. The previous owners left a lot of random paint in the utility room, one of which is the same color they painted the trim in the bathroom, so I used that to give it a new coat of paint. I let it sit out over night and dry on the front porch so in the morning all that was left was to add new knobs. I fount these at Cost Plus

on sale for $5.98 for 4. I only needed three but I figured if I ever wanted to change them it would be nice to have the full set for something else.

So there you have it, a "new" bathroom cabinet for a grand total of $40.98. And it looks great in its new home. Just wait until you see the rest of the bath once I get the shower ring up. FABULOUS!

2 comments:

  1. I adore this cabinet. Love any cabinet with a glass front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled to have "found" your blog. I am your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by... http://amy-showalter.blogspot.com
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete