Tuesday, May 31, 2011

They said you was hung!

And they were right! (500 points if you can guess that reference)

After a whole weekend stripping glue from the front porch I ran out of paint remover with about 2 feet left to go. Bummer. I shuffled into the house with a decidedly forlorn look on my face and told my husband (who got stuck working on a big project all weekend) what had happened. To my surprise he said "oh good, I wanted to hang the bedroom light today" What?!?!?! I swear I grinned like a little kid given a large bucket of candy. Now don't get me wrong, I'm learning to be pretty handy with the whole fix-it mess that comes with owning a house, but working on anything electrical freaks me out. Naturally, that means it falls to Daniel to install light fixtures while I hold tools and cheer him on. Since work has gotten hectic for him lately I have a whole list of things that I assumed would be happening "sometime" in the distant future. I love when he surprises me!

A tip before you start, be sure to turn off the electricity! You can do this just to the room but I prefer to be safe and shut off the main breaker.

Here's the old light

It is a weird modern orange fixture that would look great in a more modern setting or children's room but it wasn't for us.

And After
Who's that cutie on my bed?? Norman insists on being where all the action is so naturally he is in 90% of our photos. (He's even helping me type this right now.)

And thank you to the man who got it all done! Look how handy he is!

I know it is a bit funky but I love the new light. I found it on craigs list from a couple renovating their 1920's house who wanted it to go to a good home.

It makes my room feel like a bordello. Love!
Check it out at night

Maybe it isn't for everyone but I think it is amazing (especially now that it is hung)

But now I'm off to get more paint stripper to finish cleaning the porch (i'll explain the whole mess process when we finish)

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment