Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Planting Some Sunshine

My daffodils are getting ready to bloom but otherwise my garden is looking pretty sad. Luckily a few .99 cent primroses from Home Depot were all it needed to stretch a little longer in to spring.




Now I have little bursts of sunshine when I look out my windows. Hopefully when I come home my daffodils will be in full bloom and there will be even more life in the back yard. It is almost time to start prepping for my first round of veggies. Sproutbot says I can plant chard, green onions, kale, kohlrabi, lettuce, mustard greens, peas and radishes mid March.  I've been doing some research on heirloom varieties and can't wait to have my own garden going.

Anyone else have a veggie garden? I'm pretty sure my thumb is hazel at this point but I'm hoping I can at least manage peas.
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait til my husband gets going on our garden! It's going to be so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a garden because I don't eat vegetables. Ooops. I can't believe your daffodils are blooming already. I like it though!

    ReplyDelete