Monday, February 6, 2012

Clean Slate

Construction is messy. So messy our wall removal had begun to over take both the front porch


and much of the back yard.


Let's just say enough was enough. Last Thursday Daniel and I did a hard push to clean and consolidate everything we couldn't salvage and Friday we rented a truck and spent the day moving everything to the dump. Now I can literally say I moved a ton of crap debris out of my house. Besides being incensed at the things people throw away (I could not count the number of chairs, couches, and other furniture I saw in piles) it was a pretty straight forward project. At about 200$ all said and done between the truck rental and dump fees it was definitely worth our time.

Now I have a clean back yard


and an almost clean front porch.

We seized the day and picked up the drywall needed to get started on closing up the wall in the kitchen so it is currently residing on the only large flat surface we have. Hey, where else do you store 4x12 foot slabs of sheet rock?

I worked all weekend so we didn't get much substantial done but we finally made headway on one major project.


Don't recognize it? I'll give you a hint. It used to look like this

That's right! It is going to be my new closet (eventually). I'm just excited to be able to use all of the space. I am feeling very accomplished right now so here's to another productive week.

How was your weekend? Did you spend it working or cleaning? Anyone do anything fun? We've had some beautiful spring weather which has me itching to do something out doors.
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. We partied all weekend. I feel like I got hit by a truck. I may be getting too old for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have been so busy! Your should feel accomplished!
    -Diaan

    ReplyDelete