Thursday, February 23, 2012

Last Minute Updates

Our claw foot tub is one of my favorite features of the house. It is long enough I can actually soak myself in it and deep enough to cover me completely. The only thing it is missing is a shower. I could live without one but Daniel really wants to be able to shower off after a run so when we first moved we looked in to getting a shower adapter. Boy was I unprepared for that cost. We decided to go the piecemeal route and have been adding parts as we go.

 I decided to finally bite the bullet and get the kit only to find it was more than I remembered. Ugh. I hate when that happens. As he was tallying things up I noticed that between the shower head and a new handle for the hand shower it was over $200. Not happening. I fumed a bit and decided I'd do some more research and buy a shower head and hand held somewhere else. Sometimes it is good to listen to your gut.

 A quick ebay search for hand held porcelain shower heads and $25 later I got to switch from broken and cracked


to shiny and new.

Ahh the joys of the internet. Kitty found it fascinating too.




Can you believe she is only 6 months old? We think she's got some Maine Coon in her. After all she is fascinated by water (apparently that is a common trait).

I wish I could show you our fancy new shower kit but the plumbing guy neglected to tell me I needed to get something to attach it to the wall and it will take two weeks to get here. **sigh** But until then I am no longer in danger of hand lacerations while bathing. Bonus!

Anyone else manage to score a great deal online after being told they'd have to give their first born for a plumbing piece? Have a kitty who is fascinated by water? It is the strangest thing. I swear she would climb in the tub if she wasn't afraid she'd get wet.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I am JEALOUS of your claw foot tub! I want one in our master if we ever get to it. Our youngest cat, Lemur, loves the bath. She jumps in when I get in the shower towards the end of our shower space so she doesn't get wet but gets to be int here. Strange little cats!!

    ReplyDelete