Thursday, October 6, 2011

Boo!

It is officially Halloween season in my house. My parent's tickets are purchased and will be here at the end of the month and I am so excited to celebrate my father's birthday with him for the first time in years. The lucky man is born on Halloween. How great is that? So of course I have to make the house perfect for their arrival. So far, I've gotten as far as the front door... But more is to come!

Here is the Halloween scene that greets you when you arrive at my home.


The BOO letters are from Joann's. I had planned to paint them black (and maybe add sparkles) but I like the contrast the white gives to the whole scene.

My freaky spiders came from the dollar section of Target. I wish I had gotten more than two but these work great out here.




The wreath was super easy to make and insanely inexpensive. I took an old metal ring (I think from a wine barrel) that we found when we redid the yard and wrapped 0.99 spider "webbing" around it. This is what it looked like to begin with.


I attached the spider with an extra large twist tie that came in some packaging we got recently.


Put it all together and you get this.


Super scary. I like how simple it is and I can take it all apart and reuse the ring later if I want. All total it was $1.99 for the whole thing.

Next on the plan is to finish the mantel. I've added some webbing but I'm looking for spiders to add to it. Why is it so difficult to find little spiders? We have a trip to the pumpkin patch planned in a few weekends so I'm looking forward to carving out a few pumpkins and getting them set around the house. Trader Joe's has a great selection of fairytale and Cinderella pumpkins too so they will be added to the mix. The great thing is I can decorate with them and then eat them when I am done! Creepy right? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Cheers!


image

No comments:

Post a Comment