Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Put a Feather On It

I pinned this picture a while back and finally got around to putting it together.

DIY Tutorial: Goldfedern-Kette

The blog is in German but her tutorial is really easy to follow. She took great pictures of all of the steps and really broke it down nicely. 

Here is what you need

DIY Tutorial: Goldfedern-Kette

And this is what you end up with


I have gotten so many complements on it so far and it took about 10 minutes to make which I love. I could see this being a great Christmas present for your fashion forward girl friends. What I love even more about the necklace is that I made it using feathers that I have been carrying around for 10+ years. 


When I was young we lived next door to an older woman named Nancy. Her house was a zoo with parrots and toucans and dogs and cats of all sizes and shapes (she even had a pot bellied pig for a while). I used to visit when I was young to play with the animals and as I got older I would help her with chores. When a bird lost a particularly beautiful feather she would save it for me and I have been saving my favorites for years.  She passed a few years ago and I still miss her so having something to remember her by is great. I love that I can wear my feathers and think of her. It is amazing how people can really touch you life. 

Anyone else get overly sentimental about strange items? Nancy loved Christmas most of all so I think about her a lot this time of year. 

Cheers!
Linking up to
Show and Share Friday @ Just a Girl
Beneath My Heart
Weekend Bloggy Reading

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! Well done. I may try this myself. Came over from Just a Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty!! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete