Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Best Thanksgiving EVER!!!!

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving filled with friends, family and food. Mine was just about perfect. The food went out without a hitch and I had fabulous company. Of course that meant I had no time to take any pictures what so ever (how does that always happen?) but it really was just a blast.

I know we are all transitioning into Christmas but I had to take a few moments to get some after pictures of my Thanksgiving decor before putting it all away. I had planned something more elaborate for our centerpiece (remember this?) but as I read more and more I realized that a simple low centerpiece that didn't get in the way of food or conversation would be best. This is what I ended up with


Just simple alternating little white and orange pumpkins with some orange candles in between. It was nice because it looked great before everyone got there and it didn't hinder the passing of rolls. As an added bonus I plan to turn my little pumpkin centerpiece into pumpkin bread this week.

 Never fear though, I reused my branch candelabra for my mantle.


A word to the wise though, keep flammable things away from candles. That corn husk made quite the scene when it lit up.

I plan to switch out the white candles for red and add some greenery this weekend to transition this to my holiday mantle. I love the organic feel of the log and candles.

Anyone else still have their Thanksgiving decor up? I'm hoping to change that this weekend but we will see.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. We put up Christmas decor before Thanksgiving..but we were gone almost the whole week so we tell ourselves that it's okay!

    Love your fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm going to be lucky if it gets up before Christmas at this point. But I've finally started now!

    ReplyDelete