Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving Center Piece- Work in Progress

As usual, it started with a pin. This one to be specific from SAS interiors. 

Pinned Image

Isn't it fabulous? I just happened to have a pile of logs hanging around from redoing the back yard oh, 6 months ago (see Mom, procrastination is a good thing) and a drill bit handy. It is still a work in progress but here it is so far.




Just like the tutorial said, just drill some holes in the log of your choice and be done.


Nothing like using power tools to make a girl feel capable. I'm about 80% happy with it at the moment. Here are the things I might change before the big day:
  • switch out tea lights for the tapers
  • add a runner
  • add more gourds
  • add leaves/ pine cones
  • change from plane white tapers to something more colorful
We'll see if anything much changes though. It is my first big holiday on our new house and the first holiday we've hosted since getting married last year so I'm stressing about getting everything perfect (which I know it wont be) but it is already shaping up to be the best Thanksgiving ever! Can't wait to show you all how it turned out. It is going to be a crazy week for me so I'm signing out early. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! This wonderful little online community is definitely something I am thankful for.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You did a great job recreating the pin. From your pictures, I totally love your decorating style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! It is going to be an amazing Thanksgiving and everything will look great. Remember to enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete