Thursday, November 10, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

I finished putting up my gallery wall ages ago (see here) but characteristically haven't finished filling my thrift store frames with new art. Enter this lovely little DIY paint chip art I saw featured on Suburban Spunk a few months ago.


It is super easy to make and you only need a few supplies.

Supplies:

  • Paint chips in the color scheme of your choice (mine all reflect my inspiration pillow)
  • Cutter (a slide cutter works best- I cut my strips to 1/4 inch)
  • Spray adhesive
  • Blank card stock
  • Frame
The most time consuming aspect is cutting. After that just lay your card stock out and spray it with adhesive before arranging your strips.


I liked the way mine looked on the diagonal so I made it larger than I needed and trimmed the excess. It was easier than trying to make everything perfect from the start. Then I just popped it in a frame I already had and hung it on the wall.

That flower still needs to go but my wall is getting ever closer to being complete. Here's to hoping it is finished soon. 

I just realized today that I basically have two weekends before my house is full for the holidays so I have a full day ahead of me with running errands. Luckily one of those errands includes IKEA (I love having one close!). I'm hoping to bang out my decor this weekend and get things ready for the festivities. I'm starting to get excited again so I'm on a mission to get things done! Big step this weekend is painting the dining room (nothing fun just a nice neutral white to get rid of the lavender). Anyone else have big plans for the weekend? This week's Good Eats Challenge is mussels and I'm not going to lie, I'm a little freaked out by it all. I'll let you know how they turn out. 

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I love it but where did you get such long paint chips? I have a lot of short ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Valspar has some long ones, as does Sherwin Williams. They were just part of my stash :-P

      Delete