Monday, January 9, 2012

A Peek

Happy Monday everyone. We spent the weekend putting holes in walls and pulling up floors. No real progress yet unfortunately but I did manage to get some good news. Alright Vanna! Let's show them what't behind door number 1!

Floors, ready to come off.


The teaser.

And look what we have here!
I think anyone who buys an old house with bad flooring secretly hopes that there are original hardwoods lurking underneith. So they aren't in the best of shape, but I am pretty sure I can refinish them with a little elbow grease (ok a lot).


But they are the original 110 year old floors. Now if only what lurks under the bedroom carpet is the same we are golden!

Anyone else get a good surprise this weekend? Have you ever had to pull up flooring? That tongue and groove is a pain to get out! But totally worth the effort.
Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Got to be a great feeling! I held my breath when we pulled up the carpet at the house we are in the process of buying... alas there was no hardwood :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's awesome! We pulled up our carpet and found dirty plywood. I'm so happy that wasn't the case for you! They will look great once you refinish them!
    -Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! They will look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I LOVE old hardwoods that are refinished. They don't have to be perfect. The old character is what makes them amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome!! I think it's only fair if you're going to lovingly restore an old house you should be rewarded for your hard work with some original features. Can't wait to see how you finish them.

    ReplyDelete