Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Some People Put up Walls

Me? I like to knock them down. Well, Daniel helped. part of keeping the kitchen reno low budget is doing a lot of it ourselves. We shopped around and found a contractor who was willing to let us do the dirty work and just frame out the wall. Of course, that means we have to actually get the wall open before he and his crew arrives on Friday. So far we have gone from this


to this


not bad progress right? The lathe and plaster has been a bit of a pain (and mess) but once we got one side of the wall down the other is coming down much easier. We still have a bit more wall to remove and then the molding on the door we are framing closed but I think we can finish by Friday.



 I will be happy when this wall is gone and the new one is up. Want to take bets on how long it takes us to drywall the wall? I'm guessing two weeks since Daniel has to do the electrical. He says I should double that estimate. We'll see who is right (not going to lie, it will probably be him, he always is).Thanks for all your support during the process! Your comments keep me motivated when it is taking longer than I expected.
Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! That looks like an awesome stress reliever! Can't wait to see it all done!

    Oh and I love those green colors that were painted on the walls before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell him to jump on it....the blogosphere needs a finished project. That ALWAYS works for my husband...or does it get me an eye roll. I don't remember. Worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Yay for progress! It looks great! And as for the comment decorandthedog posted - that doesn't work in my house - I totally get an eye roll. Men. Haha. Looking forward to seeing this transformation!
    -Diana

    ReplyDelete