Monday, April 9, 2012

What Do You Mean We're Not Done Yet???

I've been a negligent blogger this week. Mostly due to the fact that progress has been s-l-o-w. That, and much of it has been behind the scenes. While I wish I had a finished kitchen to show you I can at least show you where we are. By the end of last week we had this


Now it looks like this



Now that I can see my before and after pictures I feel better about where we are in the process. We had the plumber come Thursday and move the gas line and then Daniel finished the electrical Saturday so most of our Easter was spent drywalling. Not super thrilling but not as bad as I expected it to be.

The biggest challenge we faced was realizing the beam in the ceiling needed to go before the drywall could be installed. You probably can't tell from the before picture but the kitchen used to be two rooms (way before we got the house anyway). Whomever took down the wall left the top of the wall in and just plastered over it. See?


Not exactly the best feature in the room. It didn't take long to remove it but, as evidenced above, it left quite the gaping hole. Good thing I've developed these new found drywalling skills. With luck we will be putting things back together in their soon. I'm torn between my desire to have my cabinets back and my desire to paint before I move anything just to save myself the taping. Which would you choose? I guess it will really depend on whether or not I can bite the bullet on the wall color I chose. That may be the bigger question.

How was your Easter? Did the Easter Bunny visit your house? Mine brought Peeps and Cadbury Eggs (my secret weakness).  Thank God they only make them one time a year. Though after Daniel showed me this comic I may rethink a few things.

Cadbury Eggs
via 


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment