Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hole No More

We are still inching along but I can now say that we have finally removed the last obstacle in the kitchen. The final remnants of that horrible beam are gone! What used to look like this


Now looks like this


No more holes, no more post, no more strange ceiling beams. Now I just have to finish my spackle job (obviously) and we can finish painting! I am so excited to hopefully get the shelves up and get my dishes out of the bed room. We are trying not to rush anything and do it badly so this may seem glacierly slow to most people but we are getting it done. We only plan to remodel this kitchen once and I want whomever has this house next to feel like it was done well. I can definitely understand the desire to pay someone else to do it though.  It is so hard to do things right when you've never done them before. So kudos to all of you out there who've done this before. My hat is off to you!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment