Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stalled

I wish I had more progress to show you but our kitchen has stalled out a bit. We've gotten to the point where I need help with all of the next steps which means, waiting for Daniel to not be at work. Luckily, since he works from home there is more of a likelihood that he will be able to help, but it is never something to count on. It is finally starting to feel like a kitchen though.


Whenever I get down on how much there is still left to do I remember that it looked like this two weeks ago.


I'd say that's an improvement no?

There are still a few glaring holes but we are getting there. Obviously since we are adding space to the kitchen we need a few more cabinets. I finally figured out what style they were and where to get them and there is even a 30% off sale right now! We did the calculations and decided what we needed and put the quote together.  After the discount it was $849. Not bad. Not small change but not bad. Then I proceeded through the check out only to find that there would be $300 in shipping charges. WHAT!?!?! No dice. I was not going to spend $1,200 when we have three perfectly good cabinets laying around. I think I've come up with a plan to modify/make what I need. If that doesn't work I'll lay down the $$$ but I figured it doesn't hurt to try right?

So there you have it. An update on our kitchen. Slowly but surely we are getting to the finish line. We've been spending so much time working on the house we decided to take a break this weekend. Arcade lights is Friday (a food fest) and then I think we are heading up to the tulips. Can't take things too seriously right?

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment