Thursday, April 5, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?

The sun came out for a few hours last week and I decided it was the perfect time to putter around in the yard. Gotta catch those rays while you can right? We did most of the planting last fall when I went a bit crazy ordering bulbs. All of my daffodils are up and some of the tulips are starting.





I also seized a 50% off sale at Home Depot to add some fruits and veggies in. I got rhubarb

And strawberries



The classic tomatoes



And a few sweet pea plants that will hopefully grow up over the trellis


I planted zucchini and cucumbers by seed but I've never planted that way so it will be interesting to see what grows. We also scored a blueberry bush at Costco.

With some luck we will be feasting this summer (that is if Norman doesn't strip all of my bushes clean). My yard has come quite a way in the last year. Can you believe it used to look like this?


Yikes! But it least it goes to show how far a little work can take you.
Cheers!

Linked up to
Centsational Girl's Garden Party

No comments:

Post a Comment