Monday, August 15, 2011

Bathroom Reveal

In the wake of a summer cold and a failed vacation I didn't feel much like getting anything done this weekend. Without the impending deadline I didn't have much motivation to get the bathroom finished but by golly I wasn't letting that stop me! (can you tell I'm tired of half finished projects?) Besides, I've got you all to please don't I? I love that about keeping a blog, it gives me all the motivation I need. Especially after seeing all the wonderful things everyone else is getting done. Gotta keep up with the Joneses right?

So, without further ado, your before and afters.

Before:



After







You will remember from here I chose this color pallet for the room.
Thank You BHG

I kept to cream walls (Ace's Casual White) and brought in the bright coral with the shower curtain (from Target in the college dorm section) and a more subtle coral in the conch shell. The greens were tied in with the ribbon edge, the art (some letter press cards I found at a card shop here on Queen Anne) and the beautiful green glass knob from Anthropologie


I splurged and went for the 8$ knob because I knew I only needed one and the similar and cheaper one at Cost Plus was plastic (the description says it is glass but I didn't think so) and I didn't like the weight of it (I know, I'm such a snob). 

 I wanted something bright and bold but I just couldn't pull the trigger completely. Perhaps I'll get better as I decorate more. We have big plans for this space in the future but those will have to wait for the big $$. I love the brightness of the white walls and the punch of the curtain. I smile every time I use the room. There is one more little thing to add (to tie the green in even more completely) but that is a surprise you will just have to wait for.

What do you think? Should I have gone all the way with something bold and patterned on the wall? Or is the curtain enough? This room counts as one more win in the yay for color column in this house so I'm glad I didn't take too much of a risk but who knows, maybe I'll go more bold when I do this space over again. I love that about small spaces, you can make them over again and again and again. Anyone else have a good before and after? I love seeing a room come together.

Cheers!

1 comment: