Friday, August 26, 2011

Half Baked, Half Cocked, Half Done

Story of my life.

Since I picked up and left last Wednesday (I got a call Tuesday night that I was needed and was on a plane Wednesday morning bound for Minnesota to help out) there are a lot of projects sitting around half done. It's a long drive from Minnesota to Seattle so I had plenty of time to think about the house and came to this conclusion: I have too much on my plate. It seems to be a contagious disease in the blog world. Everywhere you look people are overwhelmed with their houses and their lives (kids or no) and I decided it was time to do something about it. So I'm making a pledge. I will not start any new project until the ones I have already started are done. Here's my half done list

Finish:
  • repaint the dresser in our bedroom
  • finish the art for the guest bath
  • build my seating for the back porch
  • paint and re-screen the screen door
  • move the library and office
  • remove AstroTurf on back porch
  • remove security door on back door and paint
  • build shed
  • finish tray 
  • fix bathroom drawer
  • clean up cuttings in the yard
  • Get cutting on some cans (for an art project)
  • Paint the front door
  • reupholster new chair
Everything is already purchased for all of these projects, I just haven't either followed through or in some cases even started them. Then of course there is the list of new things I want to start which always sound much more fun than any of my current projects. But, they are piling up and it is starting to stress me out so I take the pledge.

I, Emily Keller, do here by pledge to finish what I've started and in doing so regain some semblance of order and sanity in my house and life. 

Please somebody tell me I'm not the only one. We need a support group people!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment