Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Seeing Spots

I'm well into my list of lists (see here) and am happy to say I've got another one checked off (not working really makes getting things done easier. I'm so impressed by all you bloggers out there with kids/jobs/lives unlike me).

I was inspired by this picture from Apartment Therapy

here

And of course Pinterest supplied me with a few more ideas like this one which you can buy from the lovely and talented etsy artist. 

here

Needless to say I just had to do it. The only thing stopping me was the round punch. Why are they so expensive? Lucky for all of us Joann's always has coupons so when I got mine I went out and picked up a 1 1/2 inch Fiskar round punch. A piece of poster board and an Ikea frame later I had this lovely piece for my downstairs bath



I used up all of my green paint chips from the kitchen (we finally chose a color but no paint yet) and the one coral colored one in the corner from a jewelry box I haven't showed you yet (I am waiting for its home to be done).

Here is how it looks in the bathroom. I tried every setting on my camera to get a better picture in there but it just wasn't happening (hence the picture on the floor above). 


I love it. It is big and takes up the wall much better than this one did (from the original reveal here)

Original

New


So there you have it. I finally finished that art. Gotta love paint chip projects! Did you see this one over at The Lettered Cottage's How To Link Up? I'm a big fan

Via Suburban Spunk

Suzanne whipped up two of these for her laundry room. Couldn't you just DIE?? I'm seeing one in my house inspiration colors for my gallery wall in the making. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Emily, thanks so much for stopping by my blog yesterday and sharing my link. Your kind words made my day! Second, I LOVE your paint chip project too. I love reusing things I already have laying around to make something beautiful. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a neat idea! I even happen to have almost all the supplies... looks like I'm off to Home Depot for a fist full of paint chips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! Love this idea as a different take on art for the bathroom. Great job! Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and it turned out a lovely wall art! Thanks for linking up with Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love BOTH your art pieces! Such clever use of paint chips and your colors are great. Smart lady.

    ReplyDelete