Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fixture Fixation

I think I'm stuck in permanent house mode because I can't seem to go anywhere without noticing how things are decorated. And not in that "oh that looks nice" way but more like "I wonder if I can buy/find/make that."

So, while lounging in the beautiful Dominican Republic (that post here) I found myself fixated on light fixtures. They were everywhere and very cool. Here are my favorites:

The drum light in our suite lent a nice modern feel. I liked that it was dark green so the light was really muted keeping everything very romantic.


The open areas all had these basket looking lamps hanging in clusters from the ceiling



I really liked these flying saucer shaped lights in the Asian themed restaurant. I've been trying to figure out if they are something I could make or not. The fringe on the one over the bar was fun (and would be super easy to DIY)


This was my favorite light. It was this big tree like thing in the entrance to the Mexican restaurant. It reminds me of the bottle tree I want to make. The iron ball light was cool too.


 Recognize this light fixture I saw in Boulder?

That's right, It is the cousin to the one I have hanging in my bedroom at home. Neat huh? Apparently they were originals in the lodge where Daniel cousin was married last weekend.


This one tripped me out. It's made of antlers. Not sure if I approve but it was still pretty awesome.


So I ask, am I the only one who is obsessed with lighting? Do you notice little details more now that you have your own space to work with? I'd like to think I'm not alone out there.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm, Yes! If I had any wiring know-how, i'd be hanging and drilling and DIY'ing all over the house. Sooooo, I Love the Asian restaurant pendants? Any details?

    ReplyDelete