Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Button Billy Balls

Remember my sad fail on this little DIY project? Well I am happy to be able to announce this project a success! **Fist Pump**

Once I got the right wire (I used green wrapped floral stems from Joann's for 1.99 for a pack of twelve) it was a pretty easy project. Want to see? Of course you do!


Ta-Da! I think they're sweet and fun. Here's an up close

The buttons didn't like going over the wrapping around the wire so I just unraveled it a bit and used the part I unraveled to cover up the exposed ends of the wire after the buttons were on. 

One snag I hit was that all of the wire was the same length and my vase is so tall I couldn't really trim then to different lengths. I needed something to put in the vase to stick the ends of the flowers into so that they would fall the way I wanted at the heights I wanted.  I thought sand but I didn't want to go out again and then it hit me. Rice! So I poured it in and it worked like a charm.

I could easily arrange the flowers as I liked them and they were nicely varied. I haven't decided where it will go permanently but it is a nice change for my mantle and the blue is the same shade as the one in the rug. 

Let me know if you'd like me to post clearer steps to how to actually put the flowers together. I used this tutorial and it made things pretty easy. I just adapted it to my wire needs.


I'm sharing this with
Weekend Bloggy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment