Monday, July 25, 2011

Why Does No One Talk About the Dirt in Your Nose?

You never hear Martha telling you how to get the hot pink boogies out after spray painting or how to clean dirt out of your teeth after an afternoon of landscaping. All the magazine and blog world shows you is the beautiful afters. I should have gotten a picture of my nose... Well, maybe not. But I am pleased to say that we have finished terracing the back yard! (cue choirs of angles and heavenly light) A few fights and a lot of digging took us from this


To this (You can walk through the progress of this here, here, here, and here)


Excuse me now while I go collapse in a corner (dramatic much Emily?). Honestly, for our first big project in this house (we've only been here 2.5 months) I'm pleased with our work. We took our time and didn't stress too much about getting it done fast. This is only the first part of the project but it was the biggest part. For now, I take pleasure in a job well done.

Cheers!

**Update: I woke up to thunder and lightning this morning so now our yard looks like this


I can see I have some leveling still to do but hopefully this will help pack down the levels even more making it more stable. Now I get to work on some of that neglected house work.

**Check out all the fun Garden Projects at Centsational Girl's Garden Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment