Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Give Her the Rack!

Monty Python

I'll admit, this project felt a bit like torture. Really it was quite easy but required multiple trips to the hardware store. Who knew there was so little paint in a can of spray paint. In the end, I'm happy with the results which really is all that matters (though next time I am buying two cans of spray paint and returning what I don't use. 

Before


After




Much more fun! Amazing what a coat of paint will do huh? It will look great in the guest bedroom. It was a pretty easy make over. Three coats of apple green paint and some new ribbons to tie it all together. I'm working on finding art for the guest bedroom and a few other accents so hopefully it will be able to be revealed shortly. 

The paint was from True Value and the ribbon was from Joann's.

Cheers!



Weekend Bloggy Reading beforeAndAfterButton

7 comments:

  1. Visiting from MMS Linky Party tonight :)

    LOVE the green and it's such a show stopper- I gotta hand it to ya!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! I see these luggage racks here and there at thrift stores and never know what to do with them--now I know! I am totally inspired and love your bold choice of green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Your guests will appreciated having a luggage rack to use. My grandfather made two for me long ago and my guests always tell me how nice it is to have them available.

    I'm visiting from Serenity Now.

    http://virginiasweetpea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paula, I love that you have something that your grandfather made! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @WhyCuzICan, thanks for stopping by! The green was totally outside of my comfort zone but I love it. Now I want to paint the screen door that color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! I just love that pretty green. You did a fabulous job. :) Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party (and for linking back!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your guests will love this - great color choice! Stop over to enter a giveaway of vintage linens

    ReplyDelete